You Ladies went NUTS over this Pea and Roasted Pumpkin Gnocchi recipe I popped up on Instagram this week, and I’ve had SO many people message me to let me know they have made it and LOVE it! So I’m popping it here to make it easy to refer to any time you want a quick, easy and affordable dinner! PS I’ve also swapped out the roasted pumpkin for bacon and the boys went CRAZY for it!
Pea and Roasted Pumpkin Gnocchi
- 600g wedge pumpkin
- 300g Market Fare frozen peas
- 500g Remano gnocchi
- 300ml Farmdale pouring cream
- 40g Emporium Selection Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup milk or water
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut pumpkin into 1cm cubes and place on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and drizzle with oil. Add gnocchi and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add ½ cup water and cook for 1 minute or until water evaporates. Transfer gnocchi to a plate.
- Melt butter in the pan and add garlic. Cook over low heat for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour and cook stirring for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, add the cream and stock and stir until smooth. Return to medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce just begins to bubble and thicken.
- Steam or microwave peas until hot. Stir peas, gnocchi, cooked pumpkin and half the cheese into the sauce. Add ½ cup of milk or water if sauce is too thick. Spoon mixture into shallow bowls and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Check out the other Fine-Ish Dining Dinners HERE!