I shared my hack on Instagram stories of adding the Aldi Australia frozen spinach to my mince as I was cooking and I had SO many requests for the recipe! I must admit this is one of my ‘lazy’ recipes but I know the boys will eat it and it makes enough for two nights plus lunches for hubby. I alter the recipe by adding a lot more mushrooms, plus the spinach and a lot more sour cream as the boys like it creamy. We leave out onion as it gives both myself and Bebe reflux! I rarely cook with onion but find this recipe super tasty without it.
500g Lean Beef Mince
500g Sliced Mushrooms
1 Packet Beef Stroganoff Recipe Base
150g Sour Light Cream (half a container)
500g Dried Pasta
1 Packet Frozen Spinach
1 Onion diced
- Heat oil in pan and brown the mince. Set aside.
- Cook Onions and Mushrooms until soft.
- Microwave entire packet of frozen spinach (covered) for one minute or until defrosted. Add to the onion and mushroom.
- Add back the mince.
- Stir through the Stroganoff Mix (pre-mixed with water as per instructions) and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While Stroganoff is simmering, make pasta as per packet instructions
- Stir through Sour Light Cream in Stroganoff for one minute of until heated through.
- Serve with cooked pasta.
NB: I use an entire packet of mushrooms, spinach and also add grated carrot if I’m organised.
I also make this recipe using browned sausages, meatballs (from Aldi and Ikea) sometimes even chicken! The boys don’t love beef strips so I have to get inventive. Let me know if you try making your Stroganoff with mince or adding spinach!